Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Jcink Resource Chatinent 

HAVING PROBLEMS REGISTERING YOURSELF? Click here so we may register you manually.
  Add Reply
CREATE A NEW TOPIC
Start a Poll

Mary must maintain., a story for the depressed.
RICHIE (male)
 Posted on: Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Group Icon
|
Administrator and Founder
Group: Admin ®

Mood:

Copyright© Richie Jay 2017

This story may not be reproduced in any form without prior notice of the story teller. All right reserved.

Title: Mary Must Maintain
Dedication
This story is centered to those women, those ladies and yet-to-become women. Those who go through marriage travail. Those who are made do dwell with solitude by their husbands.
Acknowledgments
I thank everyone who supported and made this story alive. I also thank my dear viewers and hope you'll enjoy this story. Feedback is welcomed. Thanks you for choosing to make this story occupy your time.

This post has been edited by Richie: Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 9:54 pm

--------------------
#

If you need my attention to your post, do tag me: @Richie.
- best
regards.
Send Message      Send Email
^
RICHIE (male)
 Posted on: Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Group Icon
|

Mood:

Chapter 1

Our people usually say that the joy of a woman is cooked when she finds herself a good man for a husband. This saying, however never saw Mary's daylight. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif
Mary, a woman in her mid-twenties, beautiful http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wub.gif and every man's choice, married to Adam who got her pregnant from back the secondary school days. Those promises that flavoured their relationship then is now asleep and never to wake again.
Adam was forced to marry the girl who he impregnated, and that was Mary's travel to travail.
The first year of their marriage seemed like hell was being roasted. By the end of this year, she was delivered of a baby, a baby who was better unborn. Oh Mary, the then prettiest girl in school got ensnared by the dark lips of marriage. Her boyfriend and now husband has turn her to a punching bag he uses to train his fists. When there is no rest of mind in a place you call a home, truly, how is that place a home? http://files.jcink.net/uploads/oppadom/huh.png Some questions are better kept uncovered. Yes, the child was born. Two months after the child was born, Mary took a long trip to the neither world after the incessant torture which happened on one of their Mary-Adam world wars http://files.jcink.net/uploads/oppadom/cry.gif. It didn't favour Mary, however. The truth about her death was grave hidden by her husband and given another hoax death type. Before she died, it was known that she named her little angel Mary, too. Was this because she wanted little Mary to live for what she was not of opportune time to live? Or she wanted little Mary to put on smiling face on her at the land of no return? Yes, you may be wondering as well as I was http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif. At infantry, little Mary stole all the beauty that left her mom. Her father Adam was round, protruding belly for a poor fellow, though agile, had bald head, bulged eye balls having same semblance with that of a tennis ball, and lastly, he was wonderfully ugly. In all language, Mary is a direct opposite to her father from all ramifications. The father, being an only son of his parent had to marry again. In Iboland, an only son is not a thing of joke because, should he die --even with fifty daughters -- once they are no traces of sons, that lineage is deemed closed. Adam's aged parents had already told him they had seen another wife which they planned to send to him a day after their upcoming market day, Nkwo market as known in Iboland. In the village Umukowa where Adam was from, a man with no male child is seen as impotent and the parents, degraded. They were not even given permission to speak while others 'who their grand children produced grandsons' have not finished speaking, as they would always tell them. This pellucid disparity was not sth to avoid as any little dispute they had with a commoner would result in such remembrance of them having no successor as they rated Adam as good as none, (well, a drunk is always rated below standards) http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif.
Well, Adam to his people was a storm in their tea cup and was not worth the golden blind bullet.
The new wife was packaged like a tin of milk and sent to Adam, who had no other choice but accept her. Adaobi who was the first daughter of her parents and who also hail from Adam's village was so happy to be in the city and also married. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif What other joy has she prayed for? http://files.jcink.net/uploads/oppadom/huh.png
This is no doubt that it was rare to see girls of Umukowa get married to men who live in the city, even as Adam was opportune to manage one room apartment. In fact, girls from their village mostly marry their palm-wine sellers, fishermen and local men. So, you may begin to imagine the joy that has come to stay in the heart of this young lady who, among her peers, would be considered lucky. Adaobi was a lady in her early twenties, average, light-skinned, plump a bit, and not ugly. Her stay in the village all days of her life has made her adaptive to any condition she may find herself. Yes, she was hardworking, and also a good cook. Her meal had always brought airy turmoil amid the neighbours that they visit using the 'borrow me your match box' subterfuge. Well, a woman who is the kitchen friend and not with good character is a door as a golden clock used as a foot-mat. Mary had to return to the village so her grand parents could mother her. Pool of tears has always flown through the eyes of her grandmum anytime she remembers her daughter, little Mary's mother, Mary. Life was not all that with smiles upon her grandparents; they had to feed from the daily digging of the soil. Adam was no helping hand either. He never cared for them when their daughter was alive, would it be now she was in thinkland? Moreover, Adaobi was a pretty wet blanket to Mary's grannies.
Had it not been that grandpa was hardworking, it would have been extremely difficult for them to see three-square'meals daily. That is not to say, though, that grandma wasn't hardworking. She always was there for her husband to assist him in those works considered as 'women work' like weeding, weed control, fetching cassava and harvesting.

This post has been edited by Richie: Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 10:32 pm

--------------------
#

- best
regards.
^
Josh (male)
 Posted on: Monday, August 28th, 2017, 11:11 am

Group Icon
|
Amateur
Group: VIP

Mood:

I'm following. Seems you are busy?
^
RICHIE (male)
 Posted on: Monday, August 28th, 2017, 11:16 am

Group Icon
|

Mood:

QUOTE (Josh @ Monday, August 28th, 2017, 10:12 am (UTC))
I'm following. Seems you are busy?

yeah man, I've been busy writing codes and getting the forum refurbished, but will update asap.

--------------------
#

- best
regards.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | COMIC/LITERATURE | Next Newest »

View Topic Options
Add Reply
CREATE A NEW TOPIC
Start a Poll