Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
DomainKing SignUp Cheetah News Blog Jcink Resource Chatinent 

HAVING PROBLEMS REGISTERING YOURSELF? Click here so we may register you manually.
  Add Reply
CREATE A NEW TOPIC
Start a Poll

What happens when a king dies in Benin kingdom
RICHIE (male)
 Posted on: Thursday, May 17th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Group Icon
|
Administrator and Founder
Group: Admin ®

Mood:

A KINGDOM WITH A DUKE.
© 2018.
Back to the era of a dislocated Nigeria even before and after colonial interference, the Edo kingdom, though centralized, still had some atoms of archaic traits. In an interview with sb from Benin, when a deceased king is about to be put beneath the earth, a virgin is sought., even not minding what religion has to say in this issue. This virgin may be got from any family within the Benin axes. Other 'flesh' sacrifices are also made to help teleport the deceased safely to the great beyond.
With the welcome of civilization, this is still on. A family who is instructed to provide the virgin must, with no complaint, provided the family has a female meeting the ritual standard.
If there exist refusal, the administrative authority comes into play. A run check on this, somewhat infringed the right inscribed on Chapter IV of the 1999 constitution as amended, section 34-39 respectively. However, I wonder, dogmas or say beliefs have superseded the constitution of the federation and no one wants to redeem the trapped rat. Is this not so ironical as the title of Buchi Emecheta's *Joys of Motherhood* ?

--------------------
#

If you need my attention to your post, do tag me: @Richie.
- best
regards.
Send Message      Send Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | TRAVEL/TOURISM | Next Newest »

View Topic Options
Add Reply
CREATE A NEW TOPIC
Start a Poll